From: Richard [mailto:dickyh11@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 March 2004 20:06
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] It Runs! - Long

I'm pleased to report that 1274's engine is a runner!!
(well, almost)

After spending a week reconditioning my starter, I disconnected power
from the fuel pump and coil to see if the engine would turn - I was
relieved that it did...

Reconnected the pump and coil, tried again.

The engine fired like it was last started yesterday. Unfortunately it
goes for about a second before dying, which, thanks to Martins excellent
tele-diagnostics, is a result of a stuck plunger in the metering head
(it's soaking now)

Providing there's nothing else major wrong with the engine, here's
what's left to do (in no particular order ish and I'm sure I've left
some stuff off too):

CV Boots - Possibly joints too
Inspect/Repair rear brakes
Bleed braking system
Repair trailing arm shield bolts
Replace Trailing Arm bolts
Clean, treat & spray patch of chassis rust
Bleed clutch
See if the clutch/gears work
Test/replace otterstat
Repair angle drive plastic cap
Replace tyres
Scrape off more silicone gunge from around doors and reseal properly
Refit handbrake assembly
Scrub out rest of interior
Clean carpets (3rd time) and refit
Recover door/roof headliners
Repair/recover sun visors
Re-fit interior lights
Replace driver's door - and refit all the gubinary that goes on it
Repair/replace door pillar trim
Replace door handles
Do something with the locks(?)
Test/repair door lock solenoids/module
Replace upper & lower outer door seals
Replace inner door seals
Replace windscreen
Repaint windscreen surround
Replace rear view mirror
Replace windscreen washer jet & wiper blades
Clean out & re-grease gear lever assy
Clean & refit centre console
Check binnacle/warning/AC panel lights
Replace head lights with UK ones
Rewire for rear fog lights/fit interior switch
Re-cover binnacle
Re-cover knee pads
Repair headlight switch
Reassemble glove box, light, switch
Reassemble seatbelts
Repair & refit interior panels
Re-fit seats
Repair gas flap
Refit boot panels, clean and re-fit carpet
Replace boot lid gas struts
Align boot lid, refit seals, repair boot catch
Fit new gear stick cover & re-fit gear knob
Recover steering wheel
Repair driver's side quarter panel & refit glass
Remove, clean & repair driver's side sills
Repair rear louvers / fit new gas struts
Remove, strip, straighten, repaint, refit and realign front & rear
fascias
Rewire front side markers as indicators
Test/repair refill A/C
Wash it, clean windows & black bits
Dozens of little nik-naks to numerous to list
Oh, almost forgot the electric windows...
MOT / Tax / Insure / Register

DRIVE IT!

Rich H
(good thing I won't have to do ALL that before I can drive it eh?!)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk