Re: [doc] Today in Derby

Yeah, great day in Derby! Many thanks to Chrispy for hosting it (and for the excellent grub!). It was really good to meet up with everyone again, along with some newer faces and cars.

VIN #4400 and I got pulled over on the way home by the police. I'd never been pulled over by the cops before, so needless to say I was *somewhat* nervous to see the blue flashing lights in my rear mirror. It was a toss-up as to whether they were going to haul me over for my general and somewhat enthusiastic disregard of the speed limit, or for my dubious and non-reflective US style number plates, or for improper display of my tax disc...

But it all ended happily as it turned out they pulled me over just to get a closer look at the car and to ask how I kept it clean!! After that we shook hands and parted ways with my licence still squeaky clean.

Although speaking of keeping clean, a fresh pair of undies was in order as soon as I got home after that ordeal! I might keep a spare pair in with my tool kit in future...

Safe motoring everyone,
--
Phil Peters
VIN #4400 LHJ 58W