RE: [doc] Re: FW: Rear Springs/ shockers

RE: [doc] Re: FW: Rear Springs/ shockers

Yeah the Yanks have certain rules about front bumper height and impact absorbtion.  The MGB's rubber bumpers were indeed added to the car for the American market, and the same treatment was given to many other European cars of the time as well which inevitably compromised their looks.

Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
1999 BMW E36 Coupe

Claire Usher <claire.usher@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I always thought the ride height was governed by the US regulations - if you
look at, for instance, a 1970's Lamborghini Countach in USA spec, it has
ridiculous front bumpers to comply with the USA regulations of the time.  I
think that is also why the MGB had to have those horrible rubber bumpers??
Can anyone on the list confirm this?

Claire

#2292 (Euro ride height on front)

DOC171