Re: [doc] Oxygen Sensor on Free Flow Exhaust

Re: [doc] Oxygen Sensor on Free Flow Exhaust

Just had the oxygen sensor on the left hand exhaust pipe (when viewed from the rear).

The oxygen sensor measures the oxygen content of the exhaust by volume.
There should not be any need to perform any changes (assuming your car is set up OK beforehand).

Look at Chris's performance one and you will see that there is a single hole for this.

If your new performance exhaust doesn't have any cats, you can set the mixture by disconnecting the oxygen sensor and setting the CO (Carbon Monoxide) between 1 and 1.5 %
Reconnecting should give less than this figure.

NickT.

John Tien <johntien99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

After briefly reading a very detailed document on the
PRV V6 (Thanks Nick T!) I have a question on oxygen
sensor.

I may be going for free flow exhaust similar to what
Chrispy got on his D's, but from what I know on the
original set up, the oxygen sensor was design to
measure the exhaust gas from the engine in a single
pipe. Where should the oxygen sensor go as there are
two pipes on the free flow exhaust? And should there
be a change in settings?

Regards,
John Tien
DOC 8