RE: [doc] Kent Modified Car Show This Sunday/Speed Warning

RE: [doc] Kent Modified Car Show This Sunday/Speed Warning

Cheers for the advice mate; we'll bear that in mind.

On the subject of speed cameras, I'm working for the local Fixed Penalty
office at the moment, and I think there is a definite case for speed cameras
to have the speed limit on them, especially in areas where the limit
fluctuates along a road between 30 and 40mph.  We get a lot of tickets
coming through from the "Safety Camera Unit" (there's a joke name if I ever
heard one) for people getting caught doing 39 or 40mph in a 30 limit - they
obviously still think they are in a 40.  I know that there are plenty of
clues that you are in a 30, like the hazard lines down the middle of the
road, street lamps, only 1 30mph sign at the start of the limit, etc, but
sometimes people get distracted when driving (screaming brats in car, etc)
and miss these things.

The new ANPR system is definitely working though, we are getting a lot of
stuff coming through for uninsured vehicles that have been caught on the
road by the system.

Seeya Sunday

Claire

  _____