Re: [doc] Number plates

Hi all,

I did a bit of research a while ago and I found that numberplates
with 'DMC' in them (pre 1981) were issued to new cars registered in
the Romford area. Needless to say that was a while ago and they will
have spread all over the country by now.

Anyway with a good look around you might find a DMC reg on an old
car or bike which you could transfer.

James RG

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Claire Usher" <claire.usher@xxxx>
wrote:
> Assuming Phil, that this car is a W Suffix plate or older???
>

> I would suggest that you try and contact the owner, see how much
he wants
> for it, then go through the normal plate transfer stuff with
DVLA.  The guy
> with the donor car will be assigned a non transferable age related
plate for
> his car and your current plate will go into the ether, so that if
you then
> ever took the new plate off your car, it would still be available
to go back
> on it. Confused yet? ;o)
>

> Claire

> DOC171
>

>   _____

Behalf Of
> Phil Peters
> Sent: 16 August 2005 11:15
> To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [doc] Number plates
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is a just general enquiry as I know there are several people
on the
> list who are "in the know" about these things, whereas I haven't
really got
> a clue!
>
> The other day I spotted a number plate on a car in town which
corresponds to
> my D's VIN number. The number plate is on a car which is in daily
use. My
> question is how would I go about transferring this to my D,
assuming that
> the owner is willing to sell it? I understand there's an £80
transfer fee,
> but do I also have to have some sort of proof that I've purchased
the plate
> off the current owner? Or will the DVLA insist on handling all
this?

> Any ideas would be much appreciated!
>

> --
>

> Phil Peters
> VIN #4400 LHJ 58W
> DOC #84
> Wolverhampton, UK

> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed
> public and may be printed in the club magazine **

> Chatter
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Chatter&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation&w3=Del

orean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=99&.sig
=SIgdB2
> SewFqmLo8KfKRfHg>
>
> Recreation
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Recreation&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation&w3=

Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=99&.
sig=xBD
> ifCuU0z9yDob37faAqg>
>
> Delorean
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Delorean+part&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation&

w3=Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=9
9&.sig=
> nQTy3wztfzSvE9sMB7rUcw>  part
>

> Delorean
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Delorean+for+sale&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreat

ion&w3=Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6
&s=99&.
> sig=-ge2A9sZFwn_ns_qSRgXvA>  for sale
>
> Automotive
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Automotive&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation&w3=

Delorean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=99&.
sig=JjI
> 7G86YEMRc2LmwUy4Kug>
>
> Sports
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Sports&w1=Chatter&w2=Recreation&w3=Delo

rean+part&w4=Delorean+for+sale&w5=Automotive&w6=Sports&c=6&s=99&.sig=
sQSIAI-

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk