RE: [doc] Cold Start Switch?

Hi

My car had exactly the same symptoms.

Nick T gave it a check at Chrispys,oxygen sensor was completely shot.

I drove it for a while with it unplugged and it cured it.

Alistair
Vin11622

Richard <dickyh11@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi John

Don't take your CPR to pieces - unless your confident in what to do with
all the springs, clips, pins and associated stuff that will boing out of
it!!

Start the engine from cold. With the air filter off, and while it's
idling, *lightly* press the round air flap down - only a couple of
millimetres, with just the right amount of pressure, you should be able
to smooth the rough idle out....

What you are doing is richening up the mixture, but without twiddling
screws - effectively taking over the job of the CPR.

If this smoothes things out either your mix is too lean, or your CPR is
duff. Has it always done this?

Rich Hutchinson
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of