RE: [doc] Possible cooling fan problem

I had my otter-stat (fan Switch) die the other day.
On removing it the switch's metal body had cracked in
half.

Got a new one from DMUK, fitted it and now the fans
work correctly.  The temp gage goes a little way past
the the 1/4 mark and then turns the fans on until the
temp drops just below the 1/4 mark.

Dan

--- Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------
Hi
Toby Peterson in America has an adjustable switch, so
I think I will go with that.

I think the high temperature was just a one off thing,
because it was a really hot day, along with heavy
traffic almost the whole way to Dublin. Better to be
safe than sorry though!

We are having a meetup at the end of the month in Co.
Leitrim which is a big drive for the car, so I will
try and get that switch for then.

Thanks for the replies!
Thomas Mc Auley
Vin #4087
Belfast

Chris Parnham <chrisparnham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thomas,

it wont be the thermostat, but it could be the otter
switch ( or
whatever it is called ) in the water pipe on the LHS
of the engine, they
can vary a bit. I like the one's Dave Howarth sells,
that switch on at
a slightly lower temperature.  Or of course it could
just be that your
temp gauge is reading slightly out and all is well
really.  I'd keep a
close eye on it, but if it does not actually boil up
it should be OK.

Best regards
Chris Parnham
DOC 2