RE: [doc] Lotus 06.

Alistair / List,

The two events are not designed to complete, but to complement each
other, as you well know being at the meeting where the event was fully
discussed and the decision was taken. If we had wanted to complete, we
would have held our DOC event on the same weekend.

Many DOC club members may well want to attend both events, assuming they
are invited.

It certainly seems to be the only way they will ever get to drive their
car around the test track!

>From an American perspective I suspect that some fans who have visited
other Euro-fests may get a little jaded at seeing the same old things.
There is a limit to how many times you want to visit the Ulster Folk and
Transport Museum, etc.

An extension to their visit and an opportunity to see where all the
pre-production work was carried out, should make a welcome and
informative addition to their time in the UK. I strongly suspect that
because there are two events, there will be more overseas visitors, not
less.

It is also worth pointing out that a good few of our UK members (who are
not as "well heeled" as you or me) may not be able to afford to attend
Euro-fest. By the time you add accommodation, meals out, ferry costs,
plus the actual (as yet unknown) cost of the event, the total will be
not inconsiderable. For this reason alone I think our celebration of the
25 years of the DeLorean car should be accessible and affordable as
possible to all DOC members.

Best regards
Chris Parnham
DOC 2