RE: [doc] Brake Caliper Seal Kits

Correct - the fronts are Cortina - a Girling part.  Your car-shop should be
able to get you the p/no from their brake-book.  Tell them 1981 cortina -
apparently all Cortina models had the same calipers around 1981/2.

There was a range of calipers on the XJ6, depending on engine size, and I
never got to the bottom of which precise model - but the shape of the brake
pads is siginificantly different between models.  You'll want the square
ones, (not the annular ones) which I ~think~ was from the 3.6l XJS.  From
that, the car-shop should be able to determine the model of the caliper.

Good hunting.

Rich Hanlon
393
6126 - Vive La France.