Re: [doc] RE: Mike B. 29th May Wacky Racers

Re: [doc] RE: Mike B. 29th May Wacky Racers

You have also forgot that the performance is equaly in proportion to the diameter of the rear exhaust (and the angle of wonkiness of poor installation), the tinted window and the length of the burberry cap.....

NickT

Phil Peters <PhilPeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can always be canny with your fuel-load too Mike, and pretend to Nick that you've put a full tank in ;-)

Colin Chapman used to do a similar thing in F1 many years ago to gain the upper hand/cheat. The Lotus used to carry water in two large side tanks. The car weighed in perfectly at scrutineering and then, on the first lap of the race, the driver pulled a cable in the cockpit which emptied the water out onto the track. Voila, a huge weight loss! However, because the rules at the time stipulated you could refill the car with essential fluids again (eg water for "cooling") before the post-race weigh-in, they used to get away with it!

Comes of less of a surprise about the 'lost' £12.5 million now, doesn't it?

VIN #4400 will also be using a cunning weight reduction programme for the Sunday meet-up: I've taken the CD player out. Unfortunately, it's common knowledge that a car's performance is directly proportional not only to its cleanliness but also to the size and ability of the stereo, so maybe I've cancelled things out on the performance front.

See y'all soon. Oh and Rich, expect a phone call when I'm on the A610 and lost. (By the way, I like your conscious choice of choosing a road that has a link to the Renault Alpine A610...very clever)

Phil P. (ready and raring)
VIN #4400 (ready and raring)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 10:20:43 -0000 , "Mike Bosworth" wrote:
>....I was just going to offer my spare seat..... so now even thou you
>now have the 'PPP' (Power Pump Pulley), i might now have the upper
>hand in the 'power to weight' ratio and without doing my frame off
>restoration!! :)...just off to increase it further by stripping off
>all the stainless panels:)

Meet other people who share your interests.

http://www.homemaster.net - Homemaster. Come Together. Online.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk