Re: [doc] lettering (careful with the company in Germany!)

Re: [doc] lettering (careful with the company in Germany!)

I had a disagreement with these people in Germany - they won't stick
to the prices they quote for UK buyers - the prices on the web page
are in US Dollars and they charge UK buyers in Euros on a 1:1 ratio
ie 50 Dollars on the web page becomes 50 Euro!! a hike of 30%! I had
a quote from them about 6 weeks ago for some items and queried the
cost - the woman told me the prices on the web site are for US buyers
only as the majority of their sales are to the US - she said we have
to pay the higher price because we don't have to pay import duty!!!
ie - we subsidise cheaper prices for the Americans - she was also
quite rude and said if I didn't like it I would have to buy
elsewhere .. which is exactly what I did ! The post prices were
ridiculous as well - they wanted £40 to post a exhaust heatshied
here - bought one from Dave H and its great. Deal with if you can
afford to :-))

Phill W
DOC 233
VIN 6772(sorbet)
Avantime (M4TRA)

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Colm Nugent" <colm.nugent@xxxx> wrote:

> An alternative source, which is more expensive than DMUK but do a
range of
> Delorean 'letter' products and other wannahave items, is below:
>
> http://www.delorean-steel-products.de/
>
> I bought various items from them and found the quality to be top
notch.
> They are very efficient (as you might expect) and very nice people
to deal
> with.  Just like DMUK, in fact!
>
> Colm
> AXI 81.

Behalf Of
> tracey steele
>   Sent: 15 May 2005 21:06
>   To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   Subject: Re: [doc] lettering
>

>   CHEERS DAN I`LL CHECK IT OUT
>
>   TRACEY
>   VIN6484
>
>   Daniel Shane <daniel.shane@xxxx> wrote:
>   Hi Tracy,
>
>   DMUK sell the lettering for £25.  Goto
>   <http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/newparts1.html#lettering> and
have a look

>   Dan
>
>   Vin 4754
>

>   On 15/5/05 6:34 pm, "tracey ann steele" <traceystl@xxxx> wrote:
>
>   > hi all
>   > has any body got a spare set of stainless steel delorean
lettering
>   > that goes on your back bumper that i can buy or maybe you might
now
>   > where i can order and buy some from, As it sets your back
bumper of a
>   > treat.
>   > cheers all
>   > tracey
>   > vin 6484
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
>   > ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group
are assumed
>   > public and may be printed in the club magazine **
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > Yahoo! Groups Links
>   > * To visit your group on the web, go to:
>   > *
>   > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>   > *
>   > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service
>   > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
>   >
>

>   [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

>   DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
>   ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed
> public and may be printed in the club magazine **

>      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

>   DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
>   ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed
> public and may be printed in the club magazine **

>     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk