Re: [doc] re BTI and court case

Hi all

apppeal is about the 10th of May (must check)

sorry i've not been online, been layed up in bed with bad sickness
the last few days, and my one year old son ended up in hospital
overnight with it.

i'll keep you posted any developements. i've checked my BTI date it
was issued 23 sept 2004 for 10% + 17.5%

then after this i had the BTI change letter that said i would pay
the 10% and 17.5% on any future imports, and not the 5% i had paid
(even though i had already paid 10+17.5)
confused?? i think they were.

they then told me they had made a mistake and my original 10+17.5
was still valid!.

they state it is now not an historic car.
is not subject to sale outside normal motor trade.
is not of high value.
does not constitute an advancement in technology or achievement.

this is their words definately not mine.

don't worry i will not quote the previous BTI's but (they have my
original application though) but as far as i am aware they cannot
now request further monies from the confirmed BTI's

i do hope however in the appeal court they can explain why in july
the car was historic, and in September it was not when the
production line obviously ceased 22 years ago, and no further
evidence has been unearthed of a secret staff of thousands of cars
(i wish) during july to september.
i can't wait for their reason, but i doub't i will get one.

regards all

i'm now going on the net to look for any details of the car recently
sold at auction (£22000?) to prove our cars are not subject
to 'normal' motor trade!!!!

steve
DOC 370 VIN 1621 with stuck caliper bolt! darn.

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kevin Milliken"
<kevin.milliken@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> For info I was watching a TV programme the other evening and they
were
> talking about a Ford Mustang that was imported with reduced duty
charge,
> That being the case how can they argue this over over a Delorean.
>
> Please let me know when your appeal is may I will come along for
Moral
> Support>
>
> Regards
>
> Kevin
> #10163

Behalf Of
> JASON FINN
>   Sent: 27 April 2005 08:42
>   To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   Subject: Re: [doc] re BTI and court case
>

>   Steve,
>
>   Yes take it has far as you can........I have got to import my
car in the
> next couple of month, a friend is storing it until I can ship it
the safest
> and cheapest way possible, to be honest I don't know what the
least amount
> one could declare and get away with, They say that the car is not
as rare as
> what they had originaly thought when they gave us the 5% tarrif,
so now when
> importing declare the car as next to nothing, and then you could
say to
> customs: I got it cheap because it is now now not catoragised as
Historical
> value anymore...what can they say, this country makes me sick, Tax
Tax Tax
> Tax, you tell an American how much we pay for Fuel and the
Cigerettes, they
> wont believe it, and then we purchase something that we have saved
up for
> years, pay to get it over, and then the Goverment takes their
gready slice
> out of it, so as I said Steve take it as far as you can mate.
>
>   Jason
>   Doc 468
>   Vin #3377
>
>   blackaddertoo <blackaddertoo@xxxx> wrote:
>
>   Hi Al
>
>   i am looking for information, particularly from Phillip Wright
>
>   i imported my car last sept and got stung for the new BTI 10%
+17.5% -
>   ouch
>
>   i appealed and lost, and then appealed to a tribunal.
>
>   i am scheduled for appeal court in MAY.
>
>   my question is, when was this last BTI issued for the 5% duty?
>
>   Would it be possible to beg a photocopy as i need to present
evidence
>   to the judge and solicitors.
>
>   my case is one or two angles - how can a car be re-assessed and
given
>   a different BTI code when no more models have been produced and
no
>   further information given since the original assessment ie did
they
>   make a mistake originally and was some of their staff negligent?.
>
>   if my car was imported September and cars later than this had
the 5%
>   BTI then surely my car should be subject to 5% duty.
>
>   i don't expect to win against customs, but wanted to take my
case as
>   far as possible as i firmly believe our cars are historic and an
>   important part of motoring history and should be treated by
customs as
>   so.
>
>   thanx for any help
>
>   regardfs
>
>   Steve
>   Doc 370 vin 1621
>

>   DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
>   ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed
> public and may be printed in the club magazine **

>      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com