[doc] Speakers

Hi All

For a while now we've been selling replacement speakers both front and
rear. There are problems associated with both which I'll go into here

Fronts: Although 3.5" speakers are readily available, you have to be
careful to buy ones that can be mounted flush with the surface they are
bolted to. The tweeter cannot sit proud and the mounting "ears" need to
fit across the original studs in the dashboard. We originally had
Pioneer units which were a perfect fit but recently these have become
unavailable. We're replacing them with even better speakers but which
are slightly more of a challenge to fit because the "ears" not being
flush with the outer edge, but they can be mounted to the dash without
risk of tearing the grill.

Rears: 4x10" speakers are very uncommon in this country. In fact, as far
as I know the only ones that are available are US imports. For some time
we were supplying the Kicker K410 which has now been discontinued by the
manufacturer. I have trialled a pair of the speakers that Phil has
posted a link to but was very unimpressed (but you definitely can't
complain for the price, but I think speakers definitely fall into the
realm of "you get what you pay for"). After a lot of searching, I
tracked down an alternative quality 4x10" speaker which is exactly the
correct size and drops right in. When you open the box, you definitely
see where your money goes :-)

Soooooo - basically you can buy a quality set of speakers from DMUK, but
don't expect miracles. The fronts are small and the rears have no
enclosure. Still streets ahead of originals though!

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/newparts1.html#frontspeakers

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk