Re: [doc] Re: "new" new cars

Lloyd Bonson wrote:

>PSA Peugeot-Citroen - in a joint development program with Ford on all diesel
>engines.  In fact PSA decided to work with Ford because Ford were further
>ahead on developement with 2nd generation Common-Rail technology than anyone
>else.  In fact, the diesel engines in PSAcars have more to do with design
>work done by Ford in Merkenrich, Germany & Dunton, Essex than anything the
>French have done.  To prove the point, Ford are so disspointed by the
>engines that PSA are making, they're setting up their own production line
>for the same 1.4 & 1.6 diesel engine variant in Dagenham, because the
>quality is better.

Hi Lloyd

I'm curious - you say second generation common rail, but the HDi is the
first common rail engine Pug/Cit have used. And what exactly have Ford
got to be unimpressed with? Excellent economy, reliability, emissions
and power...... must be missing something here. My turbo has only blown
because of overspinning after an intercooler hose split. This could
happen to any TD engine. I've asked a lot of people-who-should-know
about my error codes and they all look at me blankly and say "HDi's
never go wrong".

All the best

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk