[doc] Buying cars "blind from the USA" (my experience)

[doc] Buying cars "blind from the USA" (my experience)

Hey Chris.
We had a mechanic inspect my car for us in the states. The bonus was, he knew my car, and his story of its history matched the owners. However, he recommended not to buy it due to its condition, but I was buying it to restore anyway.

My car has had a ton of work done on it, and a lot of money. It has had a gearbox conversion to manual, new drivers door, new tabs, new front left wheel bearing, A/C bearing, new brake master cylinder, brake pads, steering rack boots, track rod ends, new eurospec headlights, negative earth problem fixed, new louvre, new gas struts all round, headliner retrimmed, few new interior pieces, steering column fixed, new battery, completely refurbished starter motor with updated solenoid, new engine crank shaft seal, steering rack fixed, new metal door handles, new wing mirrors, new tires, new fuel filter, new air filter, new oil filter, new spark plugs, and it is about to have the bumpers repainted!

I would never sell it. I know that it has cost a lot of money but I bought it to restore, and nothing beats watching the car improve over time. It also makes for a great story, and a good sense of satisfaction knowing that I have helped bring a De Lorean back to life.

Thomas Mc Auley
Proud owner of Vin #4087!
Belfast

Chris Parnham <chrisparnham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just to Illustrate my last email, Tony has spent a fortune on his car
and if finally starting to get it sorted, but I've known people spend
less on a real good car.

Best regards
Chris Parnham
DOC 2