Re: [doc] Re: Car Alarm...

Dear all,

Thanks for everyone's reply! I eventually installed
the alarm on the underside of the brake master
cylinder access panel.... ground via the horn's
mounting bracket and fed the wire through the trunk
release wire hole and +12V via the cigar lighter
socket. The internal light is connected via the door
light switch (LHD) and everything is working now.

I wanted to install my car alarm on the front end
because it is one of those easy fit units (siren and
all electronics in one) so it is best not to get it
wet (so no engine bay mounting!)... Thanks for
everyone's advise and things are working very well
now!

BTW, is it a good or bad idea to connect a small 12V
battery using parallel connection to the car alarm to
retain it's memory while I cut the car battery every
time I leave her parked? If it is a good idea, I will
also make a connection to the clock... so no 12:00
every time I drive  (hehe^^).

Best Regards,
John Tien
DOC 8