RE: [doc] DeLorean in Auto Trader

Martin,

I can only say that all the cars that I have known about, generally
speaking, the cheaper cars sell much more readily than the dearer one's.
Take Graham Well's car, is a lovely car, fully sorted etc but has failed
(as yet) to find a buyer at 15K after several months. You may well have
Clients that come to DMUK who don't mind paying top money, but I have
not come across them yet.

Most buyers would expect a car to be "running" / Driving OK , Mot'd etc.
If you have a perfectly good interior, advertising that all the interior
has been repainted or replaced leads to question, why?  Was this an old
wreck that been done up?  I'd prefer to advertise it as a car with a
great as new interior and leave it at that. Folk expect the water pump
not to leak and the rubber gaiters to be OK etc.  This is just my
opinion.

I usually buy and sell at least one car per year (not DeLorean's of
course) (and have done for the last 40 years) I eventually sold my Jeep
Grand Cherokee last week after a 6 weeks of advertising and a spell on
eBay, it was not worth the 12K I thought it was, and eventually found a
home for 9.
(despite costing me 15K only 18 months ago)

But obviously it's your car and you can market it how you like.
Generally speaking car prices have dropped significantly in the last
couple of years, again not DeLorean's, but for many other classics as
well as everyday one's.  I can remember when MK 2 Jags were regularly
selling for 20-30K, now you can get a good one for 5k.

Best regards
Chris Parnham
DOC 2
RHD  vin 5638