[doc] Re: The Best Place To Buy A D?

If this thread doesn't take up at least two pages, I'll eat my seats.

I looked for a D for about a year.  In the end, I think it comes
down to two things:
1. Budget here and now (not what you can allocate in a year)
2. How handy are you with a spanner?

If you can spend about £15,000 you can get a pretty much perfect car
from the US - I got mine from DMCH and I'd recommend that route to
anyone.  I wanted a car which needed no work and was, to all intents
and purposes, cosmetically perfect.  Not everyone wants that or
wants to commit that sort of money.

Another, equally good route would be to buy an imported but 'sorted'
car from DMUK who, again, know their stuff and can get you what you
want. Their website is an invaluable source of cost info.

Dropping below that, it's a question of the degree of work you want
your car to have and the degrees of cosmetics you are prepared to do
yourself (see the for sale list on the club website).  There are
those in the club who got absolute bargains which they spent
relatively little on and have very, very good cars.  They have the
skills to make it happen, I did not.

Whatever you get, it will be the best buy you ever made.

Very best of luck

Regards

Colm

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "davesandell" <davesandell@xxxx>