[doc] PROTOTYPE 2 - further update

It may be that the UK has lost its chance on this - if it ever
existed.  However, teh secretary to Ian Paisley e-mailed me today to
say that Mr Paisley was taking the matter up directly with the gov't
with a view to the car being acquired for the public.  Whether this
helps or not, I don't know, but he was the NI politician with the
biggest clout that I could think of.

Colm.

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pilot25dmc@xxxx wrote:
> According to a gentleman over here who will remain nameless!!!  He
was talking
> to Ken Koncheilek about the auction and he stated that the owner
was only
> testing the water with delorean owners worldwide and hopes to
resell the
> car on the open market in the near future.
>
> He is looking in the region of $150,000 for the car which Ken says
is in
> terrible order as the frame is nearly rusted clean through - thats
why it
> is up on bricks in the picture as the frame supports cant hold the
weight
> of the car on the wheels.
>
> It was a real auction if only to test the response of the delorean
public.

> Alistair McCann
> DOC 25
> VIN# PILOT25

withdrawn??????

> >  Best regards
> >  Chris Parnham
> >  DOC 2
> >  RHD  vin 5638
> >  BTTF vin 20049

auction.....
> >  but in brackets (a DMC12 Door Strut!)
> >
> >  Amazingly he has a boid of $50,000.00 for his used door strut
which
> >  makes
> >  DMUK's prices seem very reasonable.
> >

> >  DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> >  ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group
are assumed
> >  public and may be printed in the club magazine **
> >

> >    _____
> >
> >  Yahoo! Groups Links
> >  *        To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >
> >  *        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >
> >  *        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of

<http://www.o2.co.uk/shop>

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk