Low Number Cars

All.

My DOC copy of Stainless Steel Illusion arrived safely today (many
thanks Chris!) it is the first time I have seen a copy but it looks
great.

On page 84 there is a nice shot of the '..car number 1000 was put on
the boat..', yet the polystyrene block clearly shows it as 1897-A.

I don't want to restart the whole black car issue, but maybe it is
something Chris could explain in his book.

Production starts at 500, where are the other 397?

I am still hunting for any information on the elusive 'Olson
Engineering' who had my car and several others for development work
at the beginning of its life.

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737