Re: [doc] Re: LED-lights flickering (Was: Re: Who can supply correct LED

Re: [doc] Re: LED-lights flickering (Was: Re: Who can supply correct LEDs?)

It's also the method behind speed controlling large DC motors, like in our robot. Here's a challenge for you Nick: A full H bridge power (speed) controller capable of running anything up to 350A _continuous_ and still switching (ie not 100% duty) at up to 36V with adjustable dynamic current limiting. We have two in Draven that my friend Joe built - each are in a box 150mm x 100mm x 35mm and put out no appreciable heat even after the drive motors are too hot to touch. We're really rather proud of them.

BTW the term I know is Pulse Width Modulation - PWM.

Best Wishes

Martin

Nick Tomlinson wrote:

Jan, the block wave (or square wave) control principle is exactly the same as that which controls the frequency valve of the fuel injection wrt the cycle time' duty cycle. The simple ideas are the best.

Nick.