Re: [doc] Re: wheels and springs

It was called the "cut and swap" method, but the rear end of the car is much heavier than the front, and the springs are of a different strength. I've read too many opinions that say "don't do it".... but have no personal experience. I have Chrispy's springs on the front and Grady's shocks which allow the rear to be lowered by 1/2". I can't say I'd recommend them though.

Martin

saalexander2000 wrote:

I remember hearing somewhere that when Americans replace the front springs with lower ones they can use the original front springs on the rear to lower it too.

This could be a cheap way to do it if you've still got your original front springs.

Stuart

16686

.