Re: [doc] Torsion bar jig

The jig really only lets you work from the opposite side of the car pulling down rather than lifting, and lets you avoid takig the louvers off - something I tend to do

Martin

Chris Parnham wrote:

A member leant me one at the NEC, some years ago, when we adjusted Dusty's
door tension.

It was just an old lump of 3X2 or was it 4X3?, going across the top on the
engine cover, with a bit of similar sticking up, with a V cut in it, so as
to be in line with an extension socket on the end of the torsion bar. In
other words it just supported the extension bar about a foot away from the
socket. I think Mark ended up managing without with a few of us helping.
Not something I'd fancy doing on my own. Plenty of rear windows have been
smashed doing this job!

CP