Re: [doc] DMUK

Thomas Mc Auley wrote:

My brother tells me that there is V8 engines on autotrader for around £300.

There are very few V8's that can be made to fit the DeLorean's short engine bay. And why reinvent the wheel when powerful engines have been produced which will bolt strait to the stock bellhousing and engine mounts? You might consider looking at the 24v 3 litre PRV's of the later XM, Xantia and Espace. Our principle would be to strip and rebuild any engine that we'd be selling (we won't sell something we can't put our "stamp" on). This would give you a brand new engine to all intents and purposes. If you can find yourself an A610 turbo engine and are prepared to risk it, drop it in, you may well not regret it!

Now that DMUK has opened, there is a place 'close by' who can do major work on the car, and know what they are doing too! Im not sure what to do now. Please send suggestions

Nobody can really tell you wha tto do. Do you want a Deorean that's very fast? Then be prepared to put in a helluva lot of time and/or money. Or do you just want to have a DeLorean? The 170hp conversion is relatively cheap* and almost invisible on a stock engine, it sure makes the car fun to drive.

* BTW anyone wondering why there isn't a price for this on the website: we are trying to secure a source other than Bosch of one of the main components.

Martin