Re: [doc] Air Con Regas

Hi, I asked a local air-conditioning company if they did re-charges to older R12 cars. They said they didn't normally deal with cars but have all the gases. When I turned up in the 'D' they couldn't stop asking questions about it as they were car nuts ! They had a look, it was low on gas and re-gassed it with lovely original R12 gas they had in the back for free ! They said if it leaks out within a month they'd do a complete job on it as they have all the different gasses for different types and said that they can stillget the R12 gas (although its made in Wales somewhere and shippped to Nigeria, it's then re-imported as a top up gas). Forget global warming, I want to be cool now !

How lucky is that !

Nick.

jchapelhow <chapelhow@xxxx> wrote:
All.

Just a quick note, before Gaydon I had my air-con system re-filled.

I went to a firm near Manchester called 'Airconco', they can be foud
at www.airconditioningcompany.co.uk

They use a drop-in replacement called RS-24. This requires no
modifications to the DeLorean and is designed to work well at the
lower pressures (2.2lb/~1.25Kg) specified in the service bulletins.

They do a lot of work with classics and commercial vehicles which run
on R12 and were very complementary about the DeLorean layout for
measuring the compressor oil etc.

Complete unload of my original R12 charge (<300g), pressure test and
reload took ~45mins. Cost was £78 inc VAT and a complementary de-
odouriser spray.

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' 0737

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT