Re: [doc] Frenchy update

Chris, don't waste money on a new engine - I KNOW what it takes to get one of these suckers built from scratch, and I didn't have an engine to start with! Let's have a chat with Darren this weekend

Martin

Chris Parnham wrote:

Dear list/

It's a good job I had provisionally budgeted ( and located) for a new
engine, because it looks as thought Frenchy needs one. I've found all metal
fillings in one of the cam covers. As well as a loss of compression on all
of the n/side bank. Injectors all bunged up, leaking fuel pipes etc. It's
just not worth taking it all down and trying so sort out the multiple
issues. Its obvious it had been heavily mucked about with. When you compare
labour costs it just does not stack to mess about with the old one.
In will go for a new one.

It will make the car worth a good bit more money in the long run.

The old one will get completely stripped and repaired later on. I may even
get my son-in-law to Gas flow it all. No point in having an engine tuner in
the family and not using his services!

Just a little warning to any of you thinking of buying a "non-runner".

In complete contrast, I simply can't get over how good Backy feels/ drives.
Its now fully on the road again with the mileage climbing nightly! OK its
very noisy, so I keep the revs down, but you ought to see the look on
youngsters' faces as I cruise around!
It feels so tight and good. Being a USA 83 build may be why.

See you on Sunday.

Chrispy.

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk