Re: 'Modern' style air conditioning

All.

A quick update. Bought inspection ramps from Halford's, before I read
Martin's commenct about them being useless without removing the front
spoiler, doh!

A couple of planks of wood later (I love low tech solutions!) and it
would have been possible to raise the car on the trolley jack. I then
tried to remove the locking wheel nut without success.

Plan B, then. With the car a couple of inches off the ground I could
just reach the wires the ground the gauges. Cleaned them off, lots of
electrical contact cleaner, reconnected and it made no difference.

Plan C. Disconnect the wires from the front ground point, run a
dedicated wire from there to the ground point on the engine mount,
still no difference.

The temp gauge still raises by itself when the ignition is switched
to the off position, and the oil pressure gauge moves when the doors
are opened. Gauge moves much quicker when the lights are switched on.

Suggestions please?

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' 0737