Re: [doc] Re: 'Zilla Products

Jan van de Wouw wrote:

Not to flame Bob Zilla; a lot of time does go in to R&D and testing
and he does have liabilitye to worry about, but I thinkthe system is
going to be overly complicated in keeping it Plug & Play.

Here's my guess: I think he has shot himself in the foot over using solenoids. for ages he has been saying that he will not use acuators because they simply aren't up to the task A certain other DMC vendor told me that the solenoids he has used go weak over time, even ones rated to several times more than is required to open the door. I've seen the effect first hand. Now Darryl has been selling an actuator-based kit for years, and has _never_ had anyone come back with a broken one.

I have designed a system around parts I've researched and we offer it for sale at DMUK. However due to the nature of the temperamental locking system, these will be install only, not a kit. We can unclude remote locks, remote bonnet and engine cover, remote doors (one or both) and remote starting, all from one keyfob.

Martin