Re: 'Zilla Products

John

I have recently purchased the LockZilla which cured my rapid
lock/unlock problems. Plus it provides a basis for remote control and
a platform for door launching, cool!

As far as the FanZilla is concerned, I purchased the equivalent from
John Hervey's www.specialtauto.com site. The fan fail 2x2 mod acts in
a similar way to the FanZilla, but it also has a direct feed from the
battery which eliminates all voltage drops and bypasses the existing
circuit breakers. Like the FanZilla it triggers the fan-fail light
when the circuit is in operation. The only slight reservation would
be that you must get the power cable to the battery point somehow.
Apparently on most cars there is a hole between the LHS of the
fuse/relay compartment and the battery. Mine doesn't, so either I
will pass another cable to the engine compartment and attach to the
jump post or I will need to create replacment hole to the battery
area. At the moment I just snake the cable under the carpet and past
the unscrewed battery compartment cover.

I am very happy with both modifications, and would recommend both
providers without reservation. They have answered my numpty questions
with good humour and a speed often lacking in other commercial
ventures I have dealt with on the net.

I have a John Hervey alternator sitting in the cupboard which might
not even be used (since mine doesn't now seem to be part of my
problems) but it arrived in the UK <4days after I ordered it!

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' 0737