Re: [doc] 'Modern' style air conditioning

Re: [doc] 'Modern' style air conditioning

Jan

I bought two of the DMCH blank switches (1 to be used for the fog
lights) so that may be the way to go. Thanks also for your previous
response to my electrical gremlins. Now I know where to look for the
front ground point it shows signs of obvious rust. I am waiting to
borrow a proper trolley jack so that I can remove the front wheel and
get close enough to try and clean it off.

John

> Is there any way of adapting the DMC ventilation control
> system so that the air-conditioner can be turned on manually?
> On my modern car I often use it to help demist the windscreen.

There's two possibilities;
1) buy ad install an newer style mode switch;
the later ones switch on the compressor on "demist" too...
2) install an extra switch to manually engage the compressor.
A blank switch from DMCH would be nice for this

Good luck,

Jan van de Wouw

Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since sep. 2000