Re: Grey painting with crap.

Well I have to agree with Chris P here, I painted my front sway bar
on my car over a year ago and I had it on the ramp last week and it
looks as it did when I painted it.

The key with painting is preperation, preperation, preperation and
lots of coats following the instructions. With Hammerite if it is
overcoated at the wrong times etc... then it won't be at it's best
but a few coats on a well prepared surface should be fine.

Rally car/DeLorean I can't really see the comparison myself, the
nearest I get to off road in the DMC if the gravel driveway.

At the end of the day it is crucial to cover rust with somthing, so
choose whatever you feel happy with, in my Triumph Spitfire
restoration manual it actually recomends Hammerite for use on the
undersides of the floor pan.

Each to his own.

James RGUK