Grey painting on a grey day.

Whilst I had Frenchy's petrol tank out, I took the opportunity it re-paint
the cassis cross member directly in front of the tank. It had had the epoxy
cracked due to careless jacking in the past.

Thanks for the grey chassis paint tip boys. I can't remember who
suggested it, but after I'd carefully ground down to a "feather edge", the
old cracked paint, I used a mixture of Hammerite smooth, white mixed with
black, until I achieved a very near match in colour to the original grey.
( the original does vary slightly on the car depending how much exposure to
light and muck its previously had).

The final result after a couple of coats, is almost indistinguishable from
the original. The gloss finish is very close and as the paint was rather
thick and quick drying it has the same original look about it.

I've also re-blacked the ant-roll bar and the steering shaft.

Cleaned up the front brake discs, (which show no signs of ware).

I polished up the alloy water pipes, and hose clips, cleaned all the rubber
hoses. (none of which don't need replacing)

I re-zinc plated all the bolts and washers (holding the plate under the
tank).

It now all looks like new underneath.

I've replaced both the flexible fuel lines and am now re-assembling the
fuel pump etc.

Both rear wheel arches and suspension to cleaned up next.

I'm really enjoying "playing" with this car in my spare time, most
satisfying.

Chrispy