Re: [doc] Re: A few questions

Thomas Mc Auley wrote:

Martin,
I was wondering how much DMUK charge for the engine tuning? I seen that DMC Houston charge $ 4,995 to modify the existing engine up to 197. I think thats about £3,350. And, if the engine has more power, does the chassis or the gearbox have to be modified to support the power?

The charge for tuning the engine to 170hp is a couple of hours on top of the book time to replace the metering head, control pressure regulator and distributor, plus the cost of those components after remanufacture. It comes in well under a grand. The gearbox handles over 400hp in the Alpine A610, though with a lower final drive ratio. This should be changed with that kind of power in a D. The chassis is a bit weak, but can be strengthened if necessary

p.s. when will the DMUK web site be opening?

When we have something decent to put on it :-) We have a few products in the pipeline which will be advertised soon

Martin