steering lock and keys (help)

Hi all,

Well MXI 4811 is coming along well, it now has new headliner (was very dirty),DMC spare wheel (had a GM wheel as the spare), coil cover (missing) and lower ignition cover (missing since 1992) the engine now idles spot on now that the vacuum hoses are on the right way round!!!! ---- the car is nearly all back together again !!.

I was thinking that this project was going a treat, until I tried to fit the lower igntion cover......the hole in the cover does not line up with the ignition switch by a long way, I belive that the steering lock has been changed with something else (possibly a fiat unit)..

does anyone have the whole steering lock unit and set of keys for sale, or would know what the lock came off (if anything)... without it MXI is never going to be right as there is no way round the problem that I can see.... any ideas guys??

Oh and good luck with the new project Crispy!!, good to hear that another DMC is back in the UK... have fun with it!!.

Alan Hammond (Nr Ipswich) MXI 4811 (Vin 569)