Mersea Motor Madness Car Show

Hi all,

Well, while you lot were all at the Brooklands event I had to keep
the DeLorean Marque alive in Essex so I attended the by the Action
Hot Rod Association.

This was it's 6th year and the first time I had managed to attend.

What a turnout, there were hundreds of yank tanks, drag cars,
classic cars, custom cars etc? it really was a great show.

Located on a lovely green field at the sea front on a lovely hot
summers day, the perfect hang over cure by all accounts and an
impressive number of visitors.

The DeLorean got massive attention and the visitors tended to be in
their 20's + with very few ice-cream wielding kids running around
which was nice.

There was a live band playing all day (Screw Worm?) and the usual
food and auto jumble, the local campsite had a special deal for all
the people showing their cars.
I gathered that the majority of the hod rodder's had stayed in the
campsite on Saturday night and had enjoyed some serious drinking,
something I will have to get involved with next year.

I also bumped into some Lotus Esprit owners who asked if I would
take the DeLorean to one of their monthly Lotus meet-ups in Essex,
which will I am looking forward to.

All in all a fantastic show with a great turn out, shame that it
clashed with the Brooklands event but perhaps next year it won't and
we might get a few more DeLorean attendees.

Hope everyone had a good time at Brooklands.

James RG
Vin #5462