The Red DMC (a bit of history) LONG

Hi all,

There has been alot of talk about the red DMC in Ireland for sale,
well it's not for sale any more!

I went with Alistair (he is a DOC member, posts to DOC mailing List
as Pastyman) to pick up the Red DMC on Saturday, but that is a story
that he will want to tell, I am sure there will be an account of the
trip in the DeLorean News Magazine.

Anyway - The car was originally brought from the final auction, when
the company closed down, by the same dealer that was selling it this
time.

It was originaly brought from the dealer approximatly 2 weeks after
the auction by Berger Paints who painted it red and used it as a
promotional item and it appeared in their corporate callender and
other bits'n'bobs.

The stainless undrneith should be flawless, again backed up by a
receipt for a new rear wing and door from DMC Huston a few years ago
totaling some $4000 which was subsequently painted red.

The interior of this car is immaculate
Original radio and speakers work
All carpets are thick and soft, all the interior trim is like new
and soft, it has never been out of the country, no baked or cracked
vinyl in this car.

The air conditioning blows ice cold (usefull on the 9hr trip back)
it was good on fuel 1 & 3/4 tanks for the 450miles we covered (with
A/C on).

240kph speedo and MOTs that backup it mileage claim of 23,000miles,
it ran great all the way back without so much as a splutter, the
clutch was a bit slippy and probably needs changing (which we knew
before money changed hands) and the frame needs some paint work but
other than that it was a beauty.

Oh, and yes this was originally Gavin Dunt's car as there were many
receipts made out to his name in with the documentation.

Hope this may be of interest

James RGUK