More Cooling Problems

All.

It seems my car is 'show shy', my new warm up regulator problem not
withstanding, I am still experiencing overheating.

To recap, the car starts normally, but very quickly the temp gauge
starts creeping up. The John Hervey fan fail systems has been fitted,
and the electrical fans run noramlly with lots of air being pushed
past the radiator. The system has been drainned and refilled, the air-
bleed kit is fitted, a new Volvo thermostat has been fitted and I
seem to maintain a constant amount of coolant.

However I cannot drive for more than a couple of miles without the
temperature passing quickly into the red. I stop and let the cooling
fans bring the gauge back to the mid position but cannot enjoy the
car like this. The water pump pulley is tight, and what I can see
turns freely with the engine.

All of the hoses in the engine bay seem OK, I am now told that the
next step is to remove the radiator and check for
blockages/restrictions.

I am sure someone mentioned being able to source radiators at
the '501 filming. Please can that person remind me of the figure
quoted and how quickly I could get one.

Any other possibilites/advice greatly appreciated.

I will still be visiting Shuttleworth to see all of the running
examples :-)

John Chapelhow

DOC 19 : 'Boeing' 0737