Re: [doc] A little (read: susbstantial) help needed... :o)

Re: [doc] A little (read: susbstantial) help needed... :o)

Hi Mate

I guess it's up to Dave to offer, but I think we're shifting cars around at his gaff in Stevenage so we can do some work. Should be able to sort your engine out too... James has an AC mode switch with your name on it. It came with all the bits he and I recently bought from the bloke in scotland.

Tyres: P6000's are now avaialble all round. I haven't heard a bad thing said about P600s or 6000s yet ('cept my rears are wearing remarkably thin for only 6000 miles, but they are W rated)

Remember my chum Alan from SCS 2 years back - we came in his Carrera 2? He sold it for £22k at the end of last year

Dan wrote:

Hi all,

Well I'm getting pee'd off with my run of automotive bad luck.
Though I didn't go on about it I had a small car accident back in February resulting in a battered Calibra. While in the body shop (looking new) a SOB broke in and vandalised her! Stole the wheels and gave her a good kicking... now I have her back it's the DeLorean's turn!

Some may have heard of my "screw in tyre" weekend that stopped me getting to the 501 filming - it's right in the wall so I think I need a new tyre. They're both... well, an old US Michelin or similar so I think I'll need to replace both rear ones. Any recommendations?

I -REALLY- want my wheels refurbished too by the same people that did most of the midlands guys. But I can't get the wheels up there.. without the car. Anyone fancy looking after a DeLorean while they're done? It would only mean the car sat around for a few days ;o)

My vacuum system is up the shoot. Darren is sourcing parts for me so I can sort it (car still runs fine) but I need the small while/grey switch that controls the A/C in the dash - it has a load of vacuum pipes coming out of it and it hisses like a.. erm.. snake :oP

Phew... other than that the car is minty! Hehe.. it's all minor but it's annoying me!

Pick up a new rear engined (german) toy next weekend... more to go wrong and more to annoy me!

Dan
Vin#5284 - Hana - Having "trouble"

My fleet:
1981 DeLorean "Hana"
1995 Calibra Turbo (320BHP) "Nikki"
1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 "No name yet... hehe"

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk