From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:webmaster@xxxx]
Sent: 18 May 2003 19:30 PM
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Inconel Trailing arm bolts

Hi Everyone

I have a limited supply (10 pairs) of all new Inconel718 trailing arm
bolts. Custom made for us, these bolts are identical to the Toby Tabs,
made of the same stuff and with rolled threads. The difference is that
these have the correct length shank requiring no additional washers, and
a 19mm hex head with standard M12 thread, as per OEM bolts. The only
difference is they are anodised black.

I will supply a pair of bolts with locknut and nylock nut each for £40
incl P+P.

For those who don't know the score: The DeLorean has two critical bolts
in the rear suspension which take all the thrust and drag of the back
wheels. The original bolts are too weak (in a bizarrely designed
single-shear application) and are prone to rust. A bent bolt will throw
your rear wheel alignment out, and a loose bolt will make the back end
squirrelly.

A broken bolt will cause a crash.

These bolts are made from an exotic alloy called Inconel 718 which is
more than twice as strong as the original high tensile steel ones, and
impervious to corrosion. You can read all about the engineering in the
tech section at www.dmcnews.com

Oh, I'm having the first pair, so we're down to 9 pairs, first come,
first served.

Martin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk