From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:webmaster@xxxx]
Sent: 10 April 2003 18:41 PM
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] D for sale

Went to see this car yesterday Oct 81 5-speed

http://www.kdonkin.dsl.pipex.com/for_sale_centre.htm

It is in generally good condition, and has a recently replaced engine.
The dash is badly brown, the binnacle is badly cracked, The tear on the
seat is easily repairable though the leather is tight - lots of autoglym
on it required. The lower front spoiler has a pair of white sidelights
cut into it and the headlights are sylvania sealed beams (!). Not sure
how an MOT was granted on it (but it has one). There is a foglight swich
cut into the lower plastic cowling in front of the indicator stalk. The
fog light hangs from the rear fascia.

The fascias need repainting but are strait. It has new door struts from
DeLorean One (the ones without the brake). The headliners need
recovering (and backing with fibreglass to pull them back into shape).
There's a 1.5" long minor dent in the pass side quarter panel. I doubt
Chris N would have trouble fixing it.

I did not check the state of the chassis but the engine, though new,
looks dirty. I don't know if the AC works but it did before the engine
surgery. Wheels need refurbishing, but not too bad. Front needs lowering!!!

Basically some cosmetics need work but looks like a sound car. Current
owner has no idea. Car was bought on a whim. He needs to sell fast and a
low offer MAY be accepted if it comes within the next 3 weeks. IMO the
car is worth £11k top. However he will be putting it on ebay.

Mail me off list for contact info. I have some photos of my own.

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk