RE: RHD Values

I think we have been down this road before Stephen.

There are the "original" factory authorised Black interior RHD's, about 12.

There was a smaller batch of "original" grey interior one's. Axi, Wia etc.
about 7.

There is now a similar number converted post factory, approx 45 RHD
DeLorean's in total, in the world!

That really is rare enough for most folk.

I don't think it makes a jot of difference what history the car has or who
converted it to RHD. As long as the job was done properly.
To be worth top dollar, any car has to be in excellent condition.

When I sold Dusty, the cars history made no difference, John bought what he
saw , a very vow mileage, original RHD car in full running condition.

Warped cylinder heads, blown head gaskets, non working fans, none operating
temperature gauges are going to devalue any car, Left or Right hand drive.

Ed Bernstein made a super job of converting a RHD for Dennis Huang in
Australia at a cost of over $30K ( in 2000), later offered for sale at about
$50k . I don't know if it sold.

Ian Fosters car from Hong Kong was originally done in a more basic manner
and is in the process of being considerably upgraded. At considerable cost
and trouble.

Dave is the UK's most experienced DeLorean owner / valuer . He should know
what YOUR car is worth... as he sold it you!

What's the point in trying to get a large "valuation"? It only means you
pay more in premiums. Unless you are thinking of "torching it!"

My Delores is only insured for £19K and I had a job to get that figure,
even with Dave's help.

As long as it covers what you paid for it, or an accident repair if
required, what's the problem?

If you are talking about the "value" of it to a "third party", then again
its all down to condition, how keen they are, how much money they can lay
their hands on.

I'd sooner have Ian Fosters "restored" RHD than some other "Original
Woller-Hodec" RHD in very poor condition.

Just my opinion. You don't drive the "history", just the car.

Chris Parnham