Re: [doc] 4-Pot Callipers for the DeLorean

Re: [doc] 4-Pot Callipers for the DeLorean

Hi James

Ford did not do a four pot caliper for the Capri. The standard
Capri except for the 2.8 injection & Brooklands 280, does have the same
caliper as the Delorean. Now with 2.8 injection & Brooklands 280 the
calipers were very similar but had centre spacing for the vented brake
discs.

However they still suffered from poor brake performance. An
upgrade to many Capri owners including myself, was to fit the four pot brake
calipers from the Austin Princess. Only a slight modification to fitting was
a spacer washer to move the caliper more central to the disc & I believe the
same can be done for the Delorean.

Hope this is of help.

Mark