engine problem update & question

I am still experiencing a missfire problem with my car and today I
decided to pull all of the spark plugs to check their condition as
they can tell alot about the engine.

Anyway my findings were somewhat interesting and I wondered if anyone
had any ideas.

The plugs from cylinders 1,3,4,6 had a nice bronze brown colour to
them which would sugest that those cyliners are firing nicely.

However cylinders 5 & 2 (which are opposite to each other) had very
sooty black plugs.
I would have thought that this means that these cylinders are
missfiring.

Any ideas, I will quadruple check the order of the spark plug leads
tommorow, but I can't beleive that these are wrong.

James RG