Wibbly wobbly wheel ??? Cont...

When I drove back last night, I noticed a burning smell comming from
the front of the car, that sort of oily mechanical burning smell.

1st thoughts, knackered wheel bearing getting very hot, I checked the
front wheels and sure enought the passenger side front alloy wheel
was very hot in the centre and the smell was originating from this
area.

I have removed the wheel and the caliper was locked on, you wouldn't
even turn the wheel by hand with it of the ground!

but I think that the bearings are ok as without the caliper on the
hub spins smoothly with no play and on close inspection the disc
looks straight, so I have serviced the caliper today and about to
refit it and see what happens.

Then I can get back to making it run properly, oh the joy of owning a
classic :-)

Bye for now

James RG