RE: [doc] Re : Steering Bush

Hi Nick

Funny you should you should ask, I have been looking at the problem again
today and found that the voltage drop is in the earth connection lead from
the engine to the frame to which you cannot access ( the bolt is ontop of
the crossmember where the engine sits). The volt drop is about 2.5 volts
is'h.

Assuming that the current drawn on cranking is 400 amps and assuming a full
12 volts would mean that the resistance of the starter is about .03 of an
ohm. As I am dropping the 2.5 volts on the earth side means the resistance
is in the order of .0075 of an ohm, which is not bad considering. I have now
bought a new earth cable which will go directly from the battery and bolt
directly on to the starter motor housing. I will also be leaving the
original connections in place.

I cannot get to the car to try this until next weekend but I think (hope)
this should fix the problem. I have spoken to other people who all seem to
say there cars crank slowly I will let you all know if this is a good fix.

I envy your drive, mine should be ready over the next couple of months.

Regards

Kevin #5959