RE: [doc] Kevlar pads

Have a look at the link I sent, down the bottom there's a performance tableshowing that the "greenstuff" pads work bettre than normal pads from cold.On the plus side they don't fade as they get hotter (up to a daft figure).

The main reason for using them on the D is they make the discs last longer,they don't cover the wheels in dust, they grip better, and another articleI read said that if you drive "normally" they can last twice as long.

Kevlar is actually a type of synthetic rubber, discovered by accident in the laboratories of DuPont by a female researcher. It has some very strange properties, mainly one of incredible strength-to-weight and abrasion resistance. The latter is why it makes a good brake pad material. Another little known fact is that in its raw state it's bright yellow.

Draven's shell for this year is being made from Kevlar by a company called Rallytech, who make composite car parts.... We made the fibreglass mold over christmas and the prototype 5mm fibreglass shell took a massive pounding in Ireland and only has a few fluffy edges.

Martin