RE: SOLVED !!!!!!!!! Re: [doc] Please help with engine Idle speed when w

RE: SOLVED !!!!!!!!! Re: [doc] Please help with engine Idle speed when warm ok, when cold hunts and stalls.

Headlights are just low value resistors, they won't snub voltage spikes. You need capacitive load for that. Think of the time it takes for a lightbulbto "heat up" when turned on. They do not react quickly to a change in voltage so will not snub a spike.

The "computers" in the DeLorean are Bosch units and have a very low failurerate - I will bet they have smoothing capacitors in them, and back emf protection diodes, you name it. The only electronics you need to worry about is the auto tranny governor which does not have this protection.

Martin

[trimmed post]