SOLVED !!!!!!!!! Re: [doc] Please help with engine Idle speed when warm

SOLVED !!!!!!!!! Re: [doc] Please help with engine Idle speed when warm ok, when cold hunts and stalls.

Hi Nick

If you could let me have the data I would be quite interested.

As a thought for electronic problems, as De's are left for quite some
time on occasions. The batteries do tend to flatten and and frequency
of "Jump" starts may be more frequent in comparison with other cars
including classics which may not have electronics.

If DOC owners lay up the cars over the winter period do these
problems occur after they take them out. I could be that a battery
charger connected on minimum charge without the ignition turned may
stop these types of problems. As jumping the car with another battery
is pretty harsh on old electronics.

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Tomlinson
<nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxx> wrote:

> To Paul,
> I believe so (Volvo 265 and 765 with same engine I think) but I
don't have the cross reference of the Bosch part numbers. There was a
parts cross reference to idle speed ECU and Lambde ECU in a previous
Delorean mag. It's the BOSCH Part numbers that are applicable.
> If the ones you buy are good units I wouldn't want to strip them
down (, if it isn't broken don't fix it,) but if you know of old
unservisable units I could have a look and attempt to repair these.
> If anyone has an old u/s unit I'd have a look at it, even if it was
to be used as a known good spare for testing.
> I could post the cross-reference later tonight/ tomorrow or looks
through previous delorean mags.
> I've also bought a few parts from GSF and if they fit then I would
post the cross reference on here, they deliver.
> Just want to help other members save some cash if I can.
> BTW, if anyone has a spare screw to hold the front screen wash
bottle in place, the supporting bracket and the screw cap I'd
appreciate them.......