RE: [doc] A D FORM THE STATES

Firstly, Matt, have you read

www.delorean.co.uk/importing.html ?

More answers below

Nobody so far has a bad word to say for Transcar auto shippers www.transcar.org who have now brough over several DeLoreans. Price depends on where thecar is in the US. Ring them for a quote. I paid $1275 from an out-of-the-way location in NC. More "regular" locations can be less than $1000

> 2 i'v heard that you can't get insurance for its transit over
> here, true?

See the Importing article. The short answer is no, that's not true.

> 3 if i decide to sell it after a while whats it going to be
> worth ( in
> other words is it worth buying one over here instead)

That depends on the car! £10k is quite a lot for a US import, bear in mind the shipping and 5% tax on top remember, you're looking at £11.5k (you pay 5% on the shipping cost as well as the price of the car). I'm not saying importing is a bad idea, just that better deals are out there.

Martin
#1458 (from NC, USA)
#4426 (from Germany)